- Submitted by Apoorva on 25th Sep 2012
(Corn Dessert, Sweet Corn Halwa, Corn Ka Halwa, Golden Delight)
The aromatic golden colour adds beauty to this sweet dish and a healthy, different variety from regular halwas.
Recipe For Corn Halwa
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 30-45 minutes
Shelf life : best when fresh, 2-3 days in fridge
1 cup semi crushed corn kernels
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup pure ghee
- 1 cup khoya
- 1 tsp semolina
- ½ cup sugar (adjust according to your choice )
- Few strands of kesar (saffron) dissolved in lukewarm milk
- Elaichi (Cardamom) powder/jaifal powder
Heat ghee in a thick bottom pan and add the crushed corn and sauté for 5-10 minutes.
- Then add semolina and keep stirring till it changes the color and stops sticking to the kadhai.
- Add milk and keep on stirring,add khoya and mix well, cook the same till it leaves the sides of the vessel.
- Add sugar and mix well, when it thickens, add kesar and elaichi powder.
- Remove from the kadhai and garnish with chopped pistachio, badam and charoli. Your golden delight is ready to serve.
- Serve the sweet corn halwa as an evening snack
More Corn Recipes
More Halwa Recipes