- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan on 9th July 2016
(Masala Chappatti, Mixed Vegetable Paratha)
Recipe For Mixed Vegetable Paratha
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Vegetables (finely chopped/grated) - 1/4 cup (Mix of cabbage, carrot, capsicum, corn etc.)
- Onion - 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Coriander leaves (Cilantro) - 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Wheat flour - 4 cups
- Cream - 1/4 cup
- Yogurt - 1/4 cup
- Ginger-garlic-green chili paste - 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Red chili powder, Amchur powder, Black salt, Garam masala - 1/4 tsp each (or to taste)
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Ghee/oil - for making the parathas
- Take finely chopped vegetables of your choice in a large mixing bowl.
- Add all the remaining ingredients and mix well. The masalas can be added as per your taste.
- Knead well to form a stiff dough. Add water little by little.
- Divide into equal portions and make parathas just like you make regular rotis. Use ghee or oil as per your choice.
Serving Vegetable Paratha
- The mixed vegetable parathas are so tasty that it can be eaten as such. You can also serve it with tomato ketchup, homemade butter, yogurt or pickle.
More Paratha Recipes