- recipe by Raji Ramakrishnan submitted on 04-04-2012
(Gajar ka halwa)
Carrots (grated) - 2 cups
Milk Powder - 3/4 cup
Sugar - 3/4 cup
Cardamom Powder - of 5 cardamoms
Dry Fruits - for garnishing as per choice
Ghee - 2 tsp
1. Heat a kadai and pour ghee in it.
2. When it becomes hot add the grated carrot and sauté for 5 minutes.
3. Add the milk powder sauté for another 5 minutes.
4. Add the sugar and stir continuously till it starts leaving the kadai.
5. Add cardamom powder, dry fruits and transfer it into a bowl.
6. Garnish with dry fruits of your choice.