- Submitted by Dahlia on 12th Apr 2010
(Chicken With Green Onions, Spring Onion Chicken Stir Fry, Green Onion Chicken, Chinese Scallion Chicken, Scallion Chicken In Chinese Style)
Serves : 3
Scallions (Spring Onion/ Green Onion) - 1 bunch (sliced)
- Chicken - 1 lb (boneless, skinless)
- Ginger garlic Paste - 1 tsp
- Red Chilly Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - a pinch
- Coriander Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam Masala - 1/4 tsp
- Lemon Juice - 3 tsp
- Salt - as needed
- Oil - 2 tbsp
Clean the chicken and cut it into strips. Add the lemon juice, ginger garlic paste, coriander powder, black pepper powder, turmeric powder, red chilly powder and garam masala to the chicken.
- Mix it thoroughly and let it marinate for at least half an hour.
- Heat oil in a wok / kadai. Add the white portion of the spring onions and stir fry for a couple of minutes.
- Next add the marinated chicken and fry on medium high flame till the chicken is cooked. This should take about 5-7 minutes.
- Add the green leaves of the scallions and continue to stir fry. All the moisture from the chicken should dry out.
- Instead of using all Indian spices to marinate the chicken, you can try using 2 tsp of soy sauce, 1 tsp of chilli sauce and 2 tsp of lemon juice. This gives a totally different flavor but is equally delicious.
- Serve as a side with fried rice, noodles, soups or use as a stuffing for making sandwiches, wraps etc.
More Chicken Dry Dish Recipes