- submitted by Dahlia on 09-02-2010
(Egg Pasta, Capsicum Pasta)
Garden Rotini Pasta - 1/2 lb (1/2 of a 16 oz box)
Hard Boiled Eggs - 2
Bell Peppers (Green & Orange) - 1 each
Onion - 1/2 (sliced)
Garlic - 2 cloves (finely minced)
Italian Seasoning - 1 tsp
Black Pepper Powder - 1/2 tsp
Red Chilli Flakes - 1/2 tsp
Soy Sauce - 1 tblsp
Lemon Juice - 1 tblsp
Olive Oil - 2 tblsp
Salt - as needed
1. Cook the pasta as per the package instructions with some salt. Drain the water and keep aside.
2. Cut the whites of the hard boiled eggs into slices. Use the yellow for some other purpose or discard it.
3. Similarly cut the bell peppers into thin strips. You can use any colour. I've used green and orange to match with the colours of the pasta.
4. Heat some olive oil in a frying pan or wok.
5. Add the minced garlic and onion slices. Stir fry for a minute.
6. Add the bell peppers and fry for another minute.
7. Next add the Italian seasoning, pepper powder, red pepper flakes and the egg white slices. Toss together.
8. Add the soy sauce, lemon juice and little salt (if needed).
9. Immediately add the cooked pasta and stir fry till everything comes together.
10. Serve as a pasta salad or as a meal.