- recipe by Elizabeth submitted on 04-29-2008
(Egg Pulao, Ande Ka Pulao, Muttai Sadam)
Basmati rice - 2 cups
Eggs - 2 or 3
Ghee/ Butter/ Oil - 2 tblsp
Cilantro – for garnish
Onion - 1/4 (Sliced)
Green Chillies - 5 (Slitted)
Tomato -1 small size (chopped)
Ginger Garlic Paste - (1 1/2 spoon)
Whole garam masala - (1 bay leaf, 3 cloves, 2 inch cinnamon, 1 star anise)
Salt - to taste
Water - 3 cups
1. Heat the ghee in a pan and splutter the whole garam masala.
2. Saute the onions with ginger garlic paste, tomato, green chilli’s and salt.
3. Break the eggs and sauté it along with the above mixture.
4. Scramble the eggs until it is cooked and now add the water.
5. Once the water begins to boil add the soaked rice and let it cook on low flame. You can also cook the rice with water, the above sauteed mixture and required salt in a rice cooker.
5. Garnish with cilantro and serve with any curry. It is a very easy to make and its done in minutes.
- Soak the Rice when you put the kadai on the stove for sautéing your ingredients. So that Rice will not break while cooking .
Some other recipes with EGG