- submitted by Dahlia on 06-02-2008
Carrots - 2 cups (grated)
Evaporated milk - 1/2 cup(4 oz)
Sugar - 3/4 - 1 cup
Cardomom powder - 1/4 tsp
Nuts - as needed
Ghee - 2 tblsp
1. Mix the grated carrot and ghee in a microwavesafe dish and microwave it for 2 minutes.
2. Add the evaporated milk to this and microwave for 7-8 minutes stirring every 2 minutes.
3. The time varies depending on the microwave power. Cook it till the milk is totally absorbed by the carrot and the ghee starts seperating.
4. Add the sugar, cardomom powder and nuts and microwave for another minute or 2 until you get the halwa consistency.
5. Garnish with some more scliced nuts and serve.
- If you do not find evaporated milk, you can use 1/2 cup milk with 4 tblsp of milk powder.
- Another good substitute is to use 1/2 cup milk with 1/4 cup khoya.