- Submitted by Dahlia
(Grated Carrot Thoran, Gajar Ki Sabzi, Carrot Vepudu, Carrot Stir Fry)
Recipe For Grated Carrot Poriyal
- Carrot - 3-4
- Onion - 1/2 (finely chopped/ grated)
- Green Chillies - 1
- Grated Coconut - 2 tbsp
- Curry leaves - 1 string
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Dry red Chillies - 2
- Urad dhal - 1 tsp
- Salt - as needed
- Peel the skin of the carrots and grate it using a hand grater. You could also chop it using a chopper, shred it using a food processor or chop it into small dices with hand.
- Heat oil in a kadai, splutter the mustard seeds, urad dal, dry red chillies and curry leaves.
- Add chopped onion, green chillies and fry for a minute.
- Add the grated carrot and required salt. You could add 2-3 tbsp of some other vegetable along with carrot like broccoli, cabbage, beans, brussels sprouts, parsnip, turnip etc.
- Cover and let it cook till the carrot is soft but not mushy. Sprinkle few drops of water if needed.
- Add coconut gratings and mix again and remove from stove.
- Add the tadka, carrot, onions, green chillies, grated coconut and required salt in a microwave safe bowl and micro cook for 5 minutes in full power.
- Toss everything once in between.
You can add other vegetables along with carrot and make carrot broccoli poriyal, carrot cabbage poriyal, carrot brussels sprouts poriyal, carrot beans poriyal, carrot green peas poriyal, carrot channa poriyal etc.
More Carrot Recipes