- Submitted by Rani on 10th Jun 2008
(Macaroni Pasta Payasam, Macaroni Kheer)
Small shell Pasta (or) Macaroni Pasta -1Cup
- Water - 1 1/2 Cup
- Milk - 2 Cups (Whole Milk)
- Sugar - 1/2 Cup
- Kesari powder - 1 pinch
- Raisins - 10 nos
- Cashew nuts or Almonds - 10 nos(Sliced)
- Ghee/Oil - 2 tbsp
Heat water in a deep vessel and add the shell pasta or macaroni pasta.
- To avoid sticking keep stirring once in a while.
- When pasta is half cooked, add the milk and bring it to boil and keep stirring it .
- Keep the stove in simmer and add sugar and kesari powder.
- When a thick consistency of payasam is reached switch off the stove
- Fry the raisins and nuts in Ghee and add to the above mixture.
- Tasty macaroni pasta payasam or kheer is ready to be serve.
Serve the pasta payasam / kheer hot or keep in refrigerator and serve.
Shell / Macaroni Pasta can be replaced with vermicelli (Fried with Ghee or oil) which is very famous in India called Semiya Payasam (Seviya Kheer).
- Consistency should not be too thick, after payasam cools down it will become thicker and absorb all the liquid contents
- Add boiled milk to payasam and stir it when you want the payasam to be liquid again.
More Pasta Recipes