- Submitted by Dahlia on 21st Oct 2008
(Home Made Instant Rava Dosai, Semolina Crepes, Grits Dosa, Sooji ka Dosa)
This home made instant rava dosa can be prepared in 30 minutes.
Semolina (Rava) - 1 cup
- Rice Flour - 1/2 cup
All Purpose Flour (Maida)- 2 tbsp
- Yogurt/ Buttermilk - 1 cup
Onion - 1 (finely chopped)
- Cumin seeds - 1/4 tsp
Crushed peppercorns - 1/4 tsp
- Green Chilly - 1 (finely chopped)
Ginger - 1 " (grated)
- Cilantro - 2-3 strands (finely chopped)
Curry leaves - 1 strand (finely chopped)
- Salt - as needed
Oil - for making dosa
- Mix the rava, rice flour, maida and required salt.
- Add finely chopped onions, green chilly, cilantro, curry leaves, grated ginger, cumin seeds and crushed peppercorns to that.
Add the yogurt/buttermilk and required water to make a batter thinner than normal dosa batter. Let the batter rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat a non stick dosa pan on medium high heat.
Take a spoon ful of batter and spread the batter from the outer side of the pan. (unlike the normal dosa which you spread from the inside out.)
- Pour few drops of oil on top and let it cook for a couple of minutes on one side.
Gently flip the dosa and cook until both the sides are golden brown. Rava dosa is ready to be served.
- To make the dosa more crispier, increase the amount of rice flour.
- You could also make grits dosai and cornmeal dosa using the same procedure.