- Submitted by Dahlia on 26th Jan 2009
(Cornmeal Idli, Cornmeal Dosa)
Cornmeal - 2 cups
- Sour Yogurt - 2 cups
- Carrot - 1 (grated)
- Cilantro - handful (finely chopped)
- Curry Leaves - 1 strand (finely chopped)
- Water - as needed for batter
- Oil- 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Channa dal- 1 tsp
Heat oil in a pan and splutter the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and channa dal.
- Add the corn meal to this and roast it for few minutes. This step is optional but gives a nice nutty flavor. If you are in a hurry, skip this step.
- Switch off and add grated carrot, chopped curry leaves, cilantro, yogurt and required salt.
- Mix well and let this rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Add water to bring it to the right consistency for making idlis or dosas.
- For Idli: Add a pinch of baking soda to the above batter and mix nicely. Steam them in idli plates for 15 minutes.
For Dosa: Add little more water to bring the water to the right consistency (similar to rava dosa batter). Spread from the outside like rava dosa.
Serving Cornmeal Idli & Dosa
More Idli Dosa Recipes