- submitted by Dahlia on 12-09-2010
(Pizza with Naan Bread, Indian Pizza)
Cooked Frozen Naan - 3
Spinach (chopped) - 2 cups
Cilantro - 2 tblsp (chopped)
Red pepper Flakes - 1 tsp
Garlic Powder - 1/2 tsp
Cheese - 3/4 cup
Olive Oil - 2 tsp
For white Sauce
Butter/Oil - 2 tblsp
All Purpose Flour (Maida)- 2 tblsp
Milk - 3/4 cup
Salt - 1/2 tsp (or as needed)
Black Pepper Powder - 1/2 tsp
Bake the pizza
To make the topping
1. Heat the butter in a sauce pan on medium-low heat.
2. Add the maida to this and keep whisking till you get a nice aroma of cooked flour.
3. Add milk gradually, whisking continuously till you get a smooth and thick white sauce.
4. Add salt, black pepper powder, red pepper flakes, garlic powder and chopped cilantro to the sauce.
5. Check for seasoning and switch off.
6. Mix this sauce with the chopped spinach. The topping is ready.
To make the pizza
1. Place the naans on a cookie sheet and spread some olive oil on it.
2. Put some of the topping and spread it evenly.
3. Put a generous amount of cheese on top of this.
4. Bake this in a preheated 400 degree F oven for about 3 minutes or until the cheese melts.
5. Slice it using a pizza cutter and serve hot.
Take a naan
Spread some oil on top
Spread the topping
Put some cheese on top
Bake till the cheese melts
Pizza Base - You can use the store bought pizza base or use toasted bread as a base.
Pizza Sauce - You can also use the traditional pizza sauce instead of the white sauce.
Pizza Toppings - You can vary the toppings according to your choice.