- recipe by Inara submitted on 01-07-2009
(Keerai Soup, Palak Soup)
Spinach - 3 cups (chopped)
Water - 3 cups
Ginger - 1 tblsp
Garlic - 3-4 cloves
Bay Leaf (Tejpatta) - 1
Milk - 1 cup
Pepper powder - 1 tsp.
Veg seasoning - 1 / Veg broth - 1 can
Salt - to taste
Corn starch - 1½ tblsp
Grated paneer/ Grated cheese/ Grated egg white - for garnishing
1. Boil spinach in water for 5-7 minutes with bay leaf (tejpatta), ginger & garlic (I tried it in micro for 5 mins and it retains the nice green color of the spinach).
2. After letting it cool, blend it all & then strain it.
3. Add seasoning/broth, salt, pepper to the spinach puree and let it boil for 3-4 minutes.
4. Add milk mixed with corn starch. Keep stirring until it boils.
5. Serve hot with garnishing of your choice.