- Submitted by Dahlia
(How to make beetroot pomegranate juice?, Healthy Organic Beets juice, Beet Juice, Pommegranate Juice)
Jump to recipe ↓
We all know the benefits of drinking fresh juice made with organic fruits and vegetables. You can mix and match any combination of vegetables and fruits to make your own mocktail. I usually prefer combining a fruit with a vegetable that has the same color like the beetroot and pomegranate, tomato and watermelon, carrots and orange, cucumber and kiwi etc. It makes it very eye appealing and a great way to make finicky kids eat their vegetables. Drinking a glass of fresh juice once a day as a mid meal snack will not only make you healthy but helps you stay away from junk food.
I know of an aunt who regular makes fresh juice for her daughter as soon as she comes back from school. It has become a regular mandatory habit for her that she never complaints about it. The girl has a bright glowing skin that I believe is the result of this regular healthy practice. I also had a neighbor few years back who used to make fruit juice for everyone first thing in the morning. They start the day in a healthy way - no chaai or kaapi. You can also make these juice varieties during summers instead of drinking the bottled drinks. Frankly speaking, even I am not regular in preparing juice daily. I try to include them once or twice a week.
Today's combination is beetroot and pomegranate, both of which are powerful anti oxidants. Beetroot and pomegranate have been proven to reduce blood pressure. Consuming both beet and pomegranate as a single juice form will make it healthier. This juice not only has many health benefits but it looks so inviting with a vibrant red color. The sweetness of the beets and the tartness of the pomegranate perfectly compliments each other. I have made the juice with water because my kids prefer it that way. Some people like to add milk and make it more richer. pomegranate beet milkshake is a great variation for those who love milkshakes. So here is the recipe for the dairy free beet-pomegranate juice.
Video Instructions For Making Beetroot Pomegranate Juice
Recipe For Pomegranate Beetroot Juice
- Beetroot - 1 medium sized (1 cup chopped)
- Pomegranate - 1 (1 cup of seeds)
- Lemon juice - 1 tbsp (or half a big lemon)
- Sugar/ Honey - 2-3 tbsp
- Wash the beetroot and peel the skin. Chop it roughly into small chunks.
- Cut the pomegranate and separate the seeds from the skin and the white membrane.
- Take both the beets and the pomegranate seeds in a blender or a juicer.
- Blend these together with about 1/2 cup of cold water to a smooth purée.
- Strain it using a big sieve into a large bowl. Use the back of a spoon to squeeze out as much juice as possible. You can repeat this step once again by blending the strained remains with another half up of water.
- Mix in the lemon juice, sugar and another cup of cold water with the juice. Taste it and adjust the sweetness.
- Serve immediately with or without ice cubes.
- Enjoy this cool, refreshing and healthy Beetroot-Pomegranate juice as a mid meal or after school snack.
- If you want to make a beautiful presentation, rub the rim of the glass with a lemon wedge and dip the glass in some sugar. After that pour in the juice. Garnish with a sprig of mint.
- To make beetroot pomegranate milkshake, substitute the water with milk. In this case, do not add the lemon juice. You can serve it to kids as a substitute for milk.
- You can add other fruits or vegetables along with this. My choices would be strawberries, cherries, red grapes, watermelon and carrots.
- To make this chatpata, I sometimes add a pinch of black salt or chaat masala to the juice.
More Juice Recipes