- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan
Chimango is made with King of fruit, mango. This goes well with chapati, puri and specially with curd rice. This item is dedicated to my father who loves to eat it with curd rice.
Recipe For Chimango
Preparation time: 5-7 minutes
Shelf life: serve immediately, a day in fridge.
- 1 Ripe mango
- 1 Green chilli
- Little salt
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp jeera (cumin seeds)
- 1/4 tsp fenugreek seeds (methi)
- a pinch of asafoetida
- few curry leaves
- finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Peel the mango and remove the pulp.
- Crush the same with your fingers.
- Cut the green chilli into two to three pieces and crush the same along with salt (i used rock salt). Use your fingers and palm to mix it well with the pulp.
- Season the same. Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve the chimango with curd rice, chapati or puri.
More Mango Recipes