- submitted by Dahlia on 21st Sep 2013
All Purpose Flour (Maida) - 1.5 cup
Cocoa Powder - 1/2 cup
Instant Coffee Powder - 1 tsp
Sugar - 1/2 cup
Melted Butter/Oil - 1/2 cup
Buttermilk* - 1.5 cup
Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
Eggs - 2 large (or 3 medium)
Baking (Cooking) Soda - 1/2 tsp
Baking Powder - 1 tsp
Salt - 1/4 tsp
1. Mix all the dry ingredients together - flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, instant coffee powder and sugar. Keep it aside.
2. In another bowl, mix all the wet ingredients - buttermilk, eggs, melted butter (or oil) and vanilla extract.
3. Use a hand mixer or a whisk and blend it thoroughly.
4. Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Mix it just till it comes together. Do not overmix.
5. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
6. In the meantime, preheat the waffle iron.
7. Pour required amount of waffle batter and cook till the steam coming out of the waffle iron reduces.
8. Sprinkle some powdered sugar and serve with ice cream. Yummy!!!
*If you do not have buttermilk on hand, substitute with 1.5 cups of milk and 1 tsp of vineger.