- submitted by Pravallika
Recipe For Cucumber Chutney
- Cucumber - 1 medium size (for 4 people)
- Tamarind - Gooseberry sized
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Channa Dal - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds (Jeera) - ½ tsp
- Dry Red Chillies - 1
- Green chillies - 4
- Bay Leaf - 1
- Garlic cloves - 2+3
- Asafoetida - 2 pinches
- Salt - to taste
- Peel off cucumber and cut them into small pieces.
- Now take tamarind, cucumber and water into a pan and cook for 2 whistles.
- Grind the boiled tamarind, green chillies, salt and 2 garlic cloves initially. After that add boiled cucumber and grind it for half a minute so that cucumber will not be fully smashed.
- Take a pan and pour little oil, then add the cumin seeds, urad dal,channa dal, 3 smashed garlic cloves, bayleaf and red chillies. At the end add the asafoetida which adds a very good flavor.
- Once it is done add this tempering to the above pickle. It goes well with rice and chapathis.
My mom prepares this very well, hope you too will love it.
More Cucumber Recipes