- Submitted by Dahlia on 2nd Aug 2016
(Avocado And Fried Egg Sandwich, Toast with Fried Egg & Avocado)
Avocado and Egg are two of my favorite things to be stuffed between slices of bread. I have already shared the Indian style spicy bread omelette. Another attractive thing about egg sandwich is the ease of making it. It takes very little time but makes the sandwich very special and adding that extra protein needed in your diet.
Avocado is another super healthy fruit that has a buttery texture. It tastes awesome with some bread. There have been many days when I enjoyed simple white bread with some avocado slices and a sprinkle of sugar in between. That's my very basic sweet avocado sandwich that I have during busy days. On days when I have a chance to make fried eggs, I make this savory special fried egg avocado sandwich.
I have a very close friend who also enjoys avocado as much as me. Many days we used to chit chat in the phone and tempt each other about our avocado sandwiches. For all my other friends who haven't tried this fruit, I have introduced them to this by making them this sandwich or avocado milkshake. They have started regularly buying this too. So my online friends, you too make this sandwich today and let me know your comments.
Recipe For Fried Egg Avocado Sandwich
Preparation time: 10 min
Cooking time: 10 min
- Bread Slices – 4
- Eggs – 2
- Avocado – 1
- Lemon Juice – 1 tsp
- Salt – as needed
- Black Pepper Powder – as needed
- Butter – for toasting
- Heat a griddle, add some butter and toast the bread slices. You can use white bread or any other bread slices of your choice.
- Peel the avocado, remove the pit and remove the flesh in a bowl. Add a pinch of salt, pepper powder and lemon juice. Mash it coarsely using a fork.
- Heat butter in a small frying pan. Break open one egg and sprinkle some salt, pepper powder on top. Fry for couple of minutes. Carefully flip the eggs and fry the other side too. I have given the recipe for fried egg in detail here.
- Fry the second egg also and keep it ready.
- Take the toasted bread slice and spread a generous amount of the avocado mixture on top. Do it with the second bread too.
- Place one fried egg on top of each bread slice.
- You can enjoy this as a fried egg avocado toast or place the top bread and make it a sandwich.
- If I have some extra time, I cook some bacon strips and add that too. The combination of eggs, bacon and avocado goes very well together.
More Sandwich Recipes