- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan
(Maampazha Pachadi, Ripe Mango Pachadi)
The mango season is on and can make varieties of items with this fruit. Here is one lovely recipe. Mambazha pachadi means ripe mango curry
Recipe For Kerala Mango Pachadi
Preparation time: 30-35 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- Ripe mangoes - 2 (finely chopped)
- Green chilies - 3
- Coconut - 1/2 cup (grated)
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/8 tsp
- Jaggery - 1 tsp
- Beaten yogurt - 1 cup
- Red chilli powder - 1 tsp (optional)
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Dry red chili - 1 (broken into pieces)
- Curry leaves - few
- Cut the mangoes into pieces and cook with 2 cups of water, salt and turmeric powder.
- Grind the coconut along with green chilies, cumin seeds and mustard seeds.
- When the mangoes are cooked, smash it with a spoon.
- Add the jaggery, chili powder, ground paste and allow it to boil.
- Add the curd and switch off the gas.
- Season with the seasoning items.
- We can replace mango with pineapple or red pumpkin or big cucumber (Kerala vellarikka) to make the pachadi.
- Serve hot as a side dish with chapati or rice.
More Recipes With Mango