- submitted by Trupti
(Spicy Chicken Curry & Fried Puri)
Jump to recipe ↓
Kombdi vade is basically spicy chicken coconut gravy with fried puri of Bhajani. This famous Non veg dish is basically from kokan (coastal) region of Maharashtra. This brunch is prepared as Non Veg Naivaidyam on festivals too like Gatari (day before hindu shravan month to start), Gauri during Navratri (those who are Non vegetarians or even at Shimoga (spring). This famous Malwani dish is also prepared through out year.
Recipe for Kombdi Vade
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- Bhajani (without wheat preferred) - 4 cups
- Cumin Seeds (jeera) - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida (hing) - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Red chili powder (optional) - 1 tsp
- Coriander (dhaniya) powder - 1/2 tsp
- Chopped fresh coriander leaves - 2 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Oil - for frying
- Water - to knead dough
- Mix all ingredients and knead to make a dough. Let it set for 5 minutes.
- Heat oil for frying. Make large lemon size balls of dough.
- Take a small plastic sheet or muslin cloth to make vade. Grease sheet/ cloth with water properly, place the ball on it and with help of hand start flattening it like puri evenly.
- Slowly take puri on your finger and dip in hot oil to fry. These are slightly thick puris
Instant Vade Bhajani
- Rice flour - 1 cup
- Urad dal - 1/2 cup (washed and soaked overnight and grind finely with less water)
- Gram Flour (Besan) - 1/4 cup
- While kneading the vade dough you can also use cucumber water instead of normal water.
Serving Kombdi Vade
- Take a bowl of Malvani Chicken gravy with vade. Slice of onions and lemon.
- Kombdi vade and Sol kadhi (drink of coconut milk and hokum) are best combination to go
More Maharashtrian Recipes