- Submitted by Apoorva
(Corn Crackers, Indian Style Nachos)
A crispy, healthy snack that can be carried for travelling and also served as starters, as tortillas with or without additional toppings.
Recipe For Makai Mathari
Preparation time: 10 -15 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Shelf life : about a month
- 1 cup Semi crushed corn
- 1 cup Rice powder
- 1 cup Wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Maida (All Purpose Flour)
- 1/2 cup Besan (Gram Flour)
- 1/2 cup Semolina (Rava)
- 1 tsp Rred chilli powder
- 1 tsp Garam masala
- 2 tsp Roasted white seasame seeds
- 1 tbsp Hot oil
- Oil for frying
- Salt, Green chillies, Ginger, Hing (Asafoetida) according to your taste
- Garlic (optional)
- Mix all the flours together and add crushed corn kernels.
- Grind and add chillies, ginger.
- Add hing, salt, red chilly powder, garam masala, roasted til and add 1 tbsp hot oil to the flour.
- Mix all the ingredients and make a dough of puri consistency (ensure that you do not crush the corn too much as the dough will become very loose).
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes. Again knead well and make small balls.
- Roll flat puries out of it. Pierce it with a fork so that it does not fluff.
- Deep fry it on low eat till it becomes golden brown.
- When it cooled, store it in a an airtight container.
- The hot oil is added to enhance the crispiness of any fried item.
More Corn Recipes