- Submitted by Beryl
(Homemade Jam made with Fresh Mulberries)
Jump to recipe ↓
Nowadays its hard to find mulberries in fruit shops. We have a small mulberry tree in our backyard and we are lucky to get some fruits this year. I have prepared mulberry jam and its very simple to make. It tastes very delicious and kids will love it.
Making jams are a great way of preserving the berries when they are available in plenty during its season. The jam can be enjoyed for many months with bread, chapathi, dosa etc. Lets see how to make mulberry jam.
Recipe for Mulberry Jam
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Makes: 1 cup
- Fresh Mulberries (fully ripe) - one cup
- Sugar powder - 3/4 to 1 cup (as needed)
- Clean the mulberries.
- Grind the sugar and make sugar powder.
- Coarsely grind the fruits in mixie without adding water.
- Heat a heavy bottomed pan. Add the coarsely ground mulberry paste and sugar in the pan.
- Stir continuously with a wooden spoon.
- Stir till all the mulberry juice has thickened and become a thick paste. It will get a glossy look.
- Check sweetness and adjust if necessary. Remove the pan from stove.
- It will thicken further as it cools. Transfer in a clean, dry glass bottle and enjoy with bread.
- Black mulberries give very sweet taste. So try to use more black coloured fruits. I plucked them while they were still red and sour.
More Jam Recipes