- Submitted by Dahlia
(Jam for Biriyani, Pineapple Chutney)
Jump to recipe ↓
Jams are fruit preserves made with any fruit puree or fruit pieces. Home made jams usually contain only the fruit puree and sugar unlike the commercial ones which has other preserving ingredients.
Commonly Jams are used as a spread on breads or any indian rotis. In Kanyakumari district, jam is also served as a side for spicy chicken biriyani. Although any type of jam can be used as a side, pineapple jam is the most common one. Here is the recipe for the yummy pineapple jam.
Recipe For Pineapple Jam
- Pineapple - 1 (cut into chunks)
- Sugar - 2 cups (or as needed)
- Lemon Juice - 1 tbsp
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Cashews - handful
- Yellow food colour - a pinch
- Cardomom powder - a pinch
- Puree the pineapple chunks in a mixie or blender. You can also use a can of crushed pineapple instead.
- Take the pureed pineapple in a kadai and let it cook for about 15 minutes on medium low flame.
- Add the sugar, yellow food colour and cardomom powder and cook till a jam like consitency is reached (another 20-25 minutes).
- To make it extra rich, roast some cashews in some ghee and add it to the jam.
- Serve it with bread, chappatti or biryani.
- You can add 1 cup of water along with the pineapple puree if you want the jam little more thinner.
More Jam Recipes