- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan
Jump to recipe ↓
Nentrapazham (Plantain) is a favourite dish of Kerala. It is cut into two to three pieces and boiled with jaggery and served during onam sadya. Chips can be made with nenthran kaya (Raw Plantain). Pradhaman is my favourite kheer (payasam).
Recipe For Nenthrapazha Pradhaman
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time : 30 minutes
Serves : 1
- Nentranpazham (fully ripe) - 1
- Jaggery - 3 tsp
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- coconut milk (First milk - thick milk) - 1 cup
- Coconut pieces (cut)
- Ghee - 1 tsp
- Cashewnuts (optional) - 1 tsp
- Cardamom powder - 1/4 tsp
- Boil the nentranpazham with a cup of water.
- When it is cooked fully, allow to cool. Grind to a smooth paste.
- Add the jaggery and sugar in a kadai and melt. Strain the impurities.
- Add the nentranpazham paste and boil it for 5-10 minutes.
- Add the milk and remove from the gas. After adding the milk, you should not boil it.
- Heat the ghee, fry the cahewnut and coconut pieces separately. Add it to the kheer. Add the cardamom powder and stir.
- Serve Nenthrapazha Pradhaman either hot or cold as you wish.
More Kheer / Payasam / Pradhaman Recipes