- recipe by Raji Ramakrishnan submitted on 05-24-2012
(Aam ka kheer, Maampazham Payasam, Mango Porridge)
Sweet of any kind is relished by everyone. The seasonal delicacies adds more flavour to the taste buds. Now the mango season is on, why don't you try this.
Mango pulp - 1 cup
Sugar/sugar free - 4 tsp
Jaggery - 1/2 cup (sugar free people avoid this and add more sugar free)
Saffron strands - few
Coconut milk - 1 cup (first milk only if you are using fresh coconut)
Bits of coconut 1 tsp
Ghee - 1 tsp
1. In a kadai, add the jaggery with little water and melt the same. Remove the impurities.
2. Add the mango pulp, sugar, saffron strands to this and cook for 5 minutes.
3. Switch off the gas, add the coconut milk, cardomom powder and stir well.
4. Garnish with coconut bits fried in ghee.
: 15 minutes
: less than 10 minutes