- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan
(Poosanikai Soup, Kaddu ki Soup, Mathanga Soup)
Recipe For Pumpkin Soup
Preparation time: 20-25 minutes
Cooking time: 10-15 minutes
- 1/4 kg Red pumpkin sliced
- 1 Onion sliced
- 2-3 Cloves
- 1 Small piece of ginger
- 1 cup Coconut milk (i used fresh coconut milk)
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tsp Butter
- Salt, Black salt, Roasted cumin powder as per taste.
- Wash and remove the skin of pumpkin and slice it.
- Peel the onion and slice it
- Add butter in a kadai, add the cloves, saute for a minute.
- Add onion and saute till it changes the color little bit
- Add pumpkin slices and saute the same with little salt till soft.
- Allow to cool. Grind it in mixer with 1 cup of water.
- Transfer it into a kadai and boil the same. Check the salt,if required add more.
- Add black salt, roasted cumin powder and the coconut milk.
- Mix well and remove from the gas. Do not boil after adding coconut milk.
NOTE: Consistency should not be watery.
- Serve with chopped pudina (mint) leaves.
More Pumpkin Recipes