- Submitted by Dahlia
(Ande ka Sandwich, Muttai Sandwich, Egg Mayo Sandwich)
Jump to recipe ↓
Sandwiches are one of the quickest things that you can make for breakfast or dinner during weekdays. I know how working women feel when they come back from work or when they are getting ready for work. Managing home and work is not a joke. It is just not possible to make those elaborate tiffin items. I recommend sandwich varieties for all such ladies or even bachelors who are looking for something filling and that can be made in minutes.
Among all sandwich varieties, the ones made with eggs are the most easiest and readily available. Eggs are mostly present in everyone's homes and it also cooks fast. No pre-preparation is required. It is rich in protein and fills you up. For this reason, this is one of my favorite combo. I have already shared bread omelette and french toast recipes using bread and eggs. I will be sharing more varieties in future.
Today's sandwich is yet another bread-egg combo i.e. scrambled egg sandwich. Here scrambled eggs are mixed with creamy mayonnaise and stuffed within bread slices. Try this simple dish and share your comments.
Recipe for Scrambled Egg Sandwich
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- Eggs - 2
- Bread Slices - 2
- Mayonnaise - 2 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Crushed Black Pepper - to taste
- Butter - 1 tbsp
- Spring Onions or Cilantro (chopped) - about 1/4 cup
- Break the eggs in a bowl, add salt and black pepper. Beat it together.
- Heat a pan and melt the butter. Pour the beaten eggs.
- Let the eggs cook for half a minute. After that scramble it.
- Remove the scrambled eggs in a bowl. Mix in some chopped spring onions with it.
- Also mix the mayonnaise with it.
- Take a slice of bread and spread this mix on it. Top with a second slice of bread.
- Toast the sandwich on both sides until crispy. Serve it warm.
Detailed Steps to make Scrambled Egg Sandwich
Break the eggs in a bowl, add salt, black pepper and beat it.
Heat a pan, melt some butter and pour the beaten eggs. Scramble and cook the eggs.
Remove the scrambled eggs in a bowl. Mix in some chopped spring onion and mayonnaise with it. Sometimes I also like to mix in some chopped mushrooms or capsicum to this.
Take a slice of bread and spread this mix on it. Top with a second slice of bread.
Toast the sandwich on both sides until crispy. Serve it warm
Serving Scrambled Egg Sandwich
- This sandwich goes well with tomato ketchup or mint chutney.
More Egg Recipes