- Submitted by Raji Ramakrishnan
(Sweet Jaggery Crepes, Gud Dosa)
Tired / bored of eating the normal dosa with sambar/chutney. Try this sweet Jaggery Dosa, you will love it.
Recipe For Vella Dosai
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 30-40 minutes
- 2 cups Wheat flour
- 1/2 cup Rice flour
- 1 cup Jaggery
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
- 1/2 tsp Dry ginger powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Ghee
- 1/4 cup Grated coconut or desiccated coconut (Optional)
- Water as per requirement
- Oil/ghee for making dosa
- In a kadai, add the jaggery with 1/2 cup water and melt the same to remove the impurities. Allow to cool.
- Take a bowl, add the wheat flour & rice flour.
- Add the jaggery water in the flour mix, add water little by little and see that no lumps are formed.
- Add the cardamom powder, dry ginger powder , salt, coconut, ghee and mix well.
- Add water, if need be, to form a batter of dosa consistency.
- Take a non stick pan apply some oil and wipe with a towel.
- Make dosas as you normally make the dosas. Turn to the other side when it is done.
Enjoy the hot jaggery dosa with mango pickle, molagai podi or some spicy chutney or plain as you like.
More Dosa Recipes