- Submitted by Dahlia
(Baby Sweetcorn Manchurian, Young Corn Manchurian)
Jump to recipe ↓
Baby corn Manchurian is a popular Indo-Chinese dish that combines the crispiness of fried baby corn with a tangy and spicy Manchurian sauce. Who doesn’t like Indo-Chinese recipes? Starting from fried rice to various sides, these dishes are found in all college canteen and street side shops.
I personally like to make Indo-Chinese recipes like Manchurian with fried rice often at home. I’ve already shared a varieties of Manchurian made with so many different ingredients. Today on the list is Babycorn Manchurian. It is yet another family favourite. Try it out.
Recipe For Baby Corn Manchurian
- For Fried Baby Corn
- Baby corn (sliced lengthwise) – 250 gms
- Corn Flour – 1 cup
- All purpose flour (Maida) – ¼ cup
- Red chili powder – 1 tsp
- Black pepper powder – ½ tsp
- Salt - to taste
- Water – to make batter
- Oil - for deep frying
- Spring Onions – for garnish (Chopped)
For Manchurian Sauce
- Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
- Garlic - 3-4 cloves (finely chopped)
- Ginger - 1"(finely chopped)
- Colored peppers - (as needed)
- Green chilies - 1 or 2 (finely chopped)
- Tomato sauce – 2-3 tbsp
- Red Chili sauce - 1 tbsp (or as per your spice level)
- Soy sauce - 3 tsp
- Vinegar – ¼ tsp
- Ajinomoto – a pinch
- Salt – to taste
- Water – 1 cup
- Corn Flour – 1 tbsp
- Oil -2 tbsp
For Frying Baby Corn
- In a mixing bowl, combine corn flour, maida, red chili powder, black pepper powder, and salt.
- Gradually add water while continuously whisking to make a smooth thick batter. The batter should be thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
- Heat oil in a deep pan for frying.
- Dip each baby corn piece in the batter and carefully drop the pieces into the hot oil.
- Fry until they turn golden brown and crispy. Remove using a slotted spoon and place them on a paper towel to drain excess oil.
For Manchurian Sauce
- In a wok or kadai, heat 1 tbsp of oil over medium heat. Add finely chopped garlic, ginger, and chopped green chilies. Sauté for a minute.
- Add the finely chopped onions and bell peppers. Sauté until they become slightly soft and translucent.
- Stir in soy sauce, tomato ketchup, red chili powder, vinegar, ajinomoto and salt. Cook for a couple of minutes.
- Mix 1 cup of water with corn flour to make a slurry. Add this to the sauce and bring the mixture to a boil.
- The sauce will start to thicken. Once the sauce comes to the desired consistency, add the fried baby corn and toss them in the sauce until well coated.
- Cook for couple of minutes and switch off. Garnish with chopped spring onions.
- Serve hot as an appetizer or with white rice or noodles.
More Chinese Recipes