- Submitted by Dahlia
(Beetroot Halwa, Wheat and Beetroot Halva)
Jump to recipe ↓
Beetroot Halwa is a vibrant coloured sweet dish. It is usually made with grated beetroot. I've shared that version of Beetroot Halwa before.
Today, I am going to share a different preparation. In this, we puree the beetroot and cook it with wheat flour. This gives a totally different texture and taste. Do give this beetroot wheat halwa a try.
Recipe for Beetroot Wheat Halwa
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- Beetroot - 1 big or 2 small
- Wheat flour - 1/4 cup
- Ghee -1/4 cup
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Cardamom - 3
- Cashews - 7-8
- Peel the beetroots, chop it roughly and boil it for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool it and make a puree with it. You need 1 or 1.25 cups of beetroot puree.
- Heat 1 tbsp ghee in a heavy bottomed vessel, roast the cashews and remove on to a plate.
- Add 1 more tbsp ghee to the same pan, add the wheat flour. Roast it for 2 minutes.
- Now add the beetroot puree and cook. Keep stirring continuously.
- After 3-4 minutes, add sugar, additional 2-3 tbsp ghee and crushed cardamom.
- Cook for another 7-8 minutes till everything comes together as a single mass.
- Finally add the roasted cashews and switch off. Tasty beetroot wheat halwa is ready.
More Halwa Recipes