- Submitted by Dahlia
(Boondhi Raita, Dahi Boondhi, Dahi Bundi, Boondhi Ka Raita)
Jump to recipe ↓
Boondi Raita is a traditional condiment that is served with pulaos and parathas. It is made by mixing in crunchy and boondhis with cool spiced up curd. Boondi raita is typically served in all North Indian restaurants.
Boondi raita is one of my personal favourites. I love munching on it as snack. This raita can be made from scratch. However I prefer to use store bought boondi to make life easier. You can just add the boondhi to the curd and the raita will be ready. But it is a good idea to soak the raita in warm water for few minutes before adding to the curd. This removes excess oil and helps the boondhi absorb the curd better.
Also, be sure to prepare this raita just before serving. This cannot be prepared ahead of time but it takes just 5-10 minutes to prepare. So try it out with your next menu.
Recipe For Boondi Raita
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: Nil
- Boondi – ½ cup
- Fresh Curd – 1 cup
- Warm Water – 1 cup
- Cumin Powder – ¼ tsp
- Red Chili Powder – ¼ tsp
- Salt – ¼ tsp
- Coriander Leaves – 2 tbsp
- Chaat Masala – ¼ tsp (optional)
- Take ½ cup of boondhi in a bowl and add 1 cup of warm water. Let it soak for 5-10 minutes. This will remove some excess oil from the boondhi.
- In another bowl, take the curd. Add salt, cumin powder and red chili powder. Mix in chaat masala if you like its taste.
- Whisk the curd to make it smooth.
- Drain the water and squeeze the water off the boondhi.
- Add the soaked boondhi to the beaten curd and mix well. Mix in finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Transfer to a serving bowl. Add some boondhi on top for added crunch. Sprinkle cumin powder on top for garnish. Serve immediately.
More Raita Recipes