- Submitted by Dahlia
(Savoury French Tart)
Jump to recipe ↓
Quiche is a savoury dish in which a tart is filled with custard along with meat, vegetables or cheese. This can be made with different vegetables, seafood or meat that you have on hand. My favourite combo is to make it with frozen spinach and sausages. My kids enjoy it and have spinach without any complaints. However you can add other vegetables like beans, carrots, zucchini, mushrooms etc. Also, instead of sausages you can add shrimp, chicken pieces etc.
Recipe For Quiche
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Pie Crust – 1 (9” size – You can make it at home or use store bought one)
- Eggs – 5
- Fresh Cream – ½ cup
- Grated Cheese – ½ cup
- Frozen Spinach (or Sautéed Spinach) – ½ cup
- Salt and Crushed Black Pepper – to taste
- We need a 9” pie crust. I prefer to make it at home. I have shared the recipe for basic pie crust here. You can also use store bought pie crust.
- Spread the pie crust in a tart pan. Press it with your fingers so that it is set in all the edges. Since I did not have a tart pan, I used a pie pan.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degree C.
- Place a piece of parchment paper or aluminium foil and put some dry beans or rice on top. Blind bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the parchment paper with the dry beans. Bake the crust again for another 15 minutes till it becomes golden brown.
- In the meantime, whisk 5 eggs in a bowl. Add cream, cheese, spinach, chopped sausages, salt and crushed black pepper.
- Pour the mixture in the pie crust. Bake for about 25-30 minutes till the custard mix sets well.
- Carefully remove from the oven, cool it for 3-4 minutes before cutting it into wedges. Enjoy.
Quiche with Bacon
More Pie Recipes