- Submitted by Trupti
(Daddape Pohe, Maharashtrian Poha)
Jump to recipe ↓
Pohe is every Maharashtrian households healthy anytime snack. It is made with lots of variations. Pohe has many types too - Thin, Thick, Red etc. Preparations of pohe also has many variations. Some of which I grew up with are Kande Pohe, Batata Pohe, tail theekhat meeth pohe, dudh pohe, dahi pohe, daddape Pohe etc. In konkan region coconut is in abundance. So I guess dadpe pohe might have originated from those coastal areas.
Dadpe Pohe is a traditional Maharashtrian dish made with flattened rice, peanuts, coconut, onions and spices. Cooking time is very less for this dish.
Recipe for Dadpe Pohe
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 2 minutes
Serves : 4
- Thin Poha - 3 cups
- Dry roasted, peeled groundnuts (peanuts) - 1/2 cup
- Onions - 2 big (finely chopped)
- Half fresh coconut - scrapped
- Fresh coriander leaves - 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
- Green chilies - 8-9
- Lemon - 1 (juiced)
- Curry leaves (kadipatta) - 2 springs
- Salt and sugar - as per taste
- Oil - 3 tbsp
- Mustard seed - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds (jeera) - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida (hing) - 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric (haldi) powder - 1/4 tsp
- Sieve the thin poha. Take it in a bowl.
- Add to it roasted groundnuts ,finely chopped onion, fresh coriander, scrapped coconut, lemon juice, salt and sugar.
- Now mix everything properly with hand ( don’t use spoon to mix).
- After mixing, press the mixture tightly.
- Cover the pressed mixture with lid.
- In a tadka pan, heat oil, temper with mustard seeds, cumin seeds (jeera), asafoetida (hing), turmeric powder, curry leaves (kadipatta) and green chilies.
- Allow the tadka to splutter.
- Pour the spluttered tadka immediately on pressed poha mixture and give a very good mix.
- Garnish with freshly scrapped coconut and fresh finely chopped coriander leaves. Serve.
- Serve this daddape Pohe with coffee / tak / tea.
- Please note that for Daddape Pohe, mixing all ingredients to poha with hands is the key to taste.
More Poha Recipes