- Submitted by Dahlia
(Egg and Potato Stew)
Jump to recipe ↓
Egg and potato stew is a mild flavoured gravy with eggs and potato which goes well with appam, idyappam, dosai, etc...
Recipe For Egg Potato Stew
- Eggs - 6
- Onion – 4 (sliced thinly)
- Potatoes – 2 (cut into pieces)
- Garlic – 4 cloves (chopped finely)
- Ginger – 1” piece (chopped finely)
- Green Chilies – 3 (chopped finely)
- Thick Coconut Milk – ½ cup
- Curry Leaves – 1 sprig
- Turmeric Powder – ¼ tsp
- Whole garam-masala – 2 cardamom, 4 cloves, 1” piece cinnamon
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Boil the potatoes, peel and cut into cubes. Boil the eggs and peel it.
- Heat oil in a kadai and add the whole garam-masala spices.
- Add the sliced onions, curry leaves and cook till it turns golden brown.
- Add turmeric powder, finely chopped ginger, garlic and green chilies to this. Cook for another few minutes.
- Add boiled and chopped potato cubes. Also add the boiled eggs.
- Add required salt and about 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil and cook for about 5 minutes.
- Finally add in the thick coconut milk. Let it simmer for few minutes and switch off.
More Egg Recipes