- Submitted by Dahlia
(Carrot Muttai Podimas, Carrot Egg Scramble)
Jump to recipe ↓
Combining vegetables with scrambled egg makes it delectable for kids to have without any fuss. I do this with almost all kind of vegetables. I have also shared quite a few of them in my website.
Today I have shared Carrot Egg Scramble. This is a colourful dish due to the orange carrots. It is very tasty and makes a great combo with rice and some curry. This preparation can be made in less than 15 minutes and is perfect for busy week days. Do give it a try.
Recipe For Carrot Egg Bhurji
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Carrots – 3 (grated)
- Eggs – 4
- Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
- Green Chilies – 4
- Salt – 3/4 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder – ½ tsp
- Crushed Black Pepper – 1 tsp
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds – 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves – few
- Peel the carrots, trim the edges and wash it. Grate it finely. Also, chop the onions and green chilies finely. If you have kids, just slit the green chilies and add. That way you can remove it easily after cooking.
- Crack the eggs in a bowl, add salt, crushed black pepper, beat it and keep it ready.
- Heat oil in a kadai, pop the mustard seeds and curry leaves. Add the chopped onions and saute for couple of minutes.
- Add the grated carrots, garam masala powder and some salt. Saute for another 2-3 minutes. Carrots will cook really fast and become soft.
- Add the beaten eggs to this. Leave it alone for 1-2 minutes.
- Once the eggs start cooking, toss together. Stir-fry for 2 minutes till it all gets well mixed and the eggs become firmly cooked. Its a dry dish so switch off once all the moisture has dried up.
- Enjoy this carrot egg bhurji with white rice and rasam or sambhar.
- This can also be served with chapthi or used as a stuffing for sandwich.
- It can also be served as a salad for dinner with a piece of toast.
More Egg Recipes