- Submitted by Dahlia
Jump to recipe ↓
Parsi Mawa Cake is a commonly found cake in Indian bakeries. It has so many Indian ingredients and flavours. It is definitely different from the typical cakes that originated in the western countries. It does not need any frosting or topping. This khoya cake tastes delicious when served plain.
Mawa is also called Khoya. In tamil it is known as Pal Khova. This is the main ingredient in this cake. It is loaded with nuts and tastes awesome with a cup of chai.
Recipe For Eggless Parsi Mawa Cake
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) - 1 1/4 cup
- Mawa (Unsweetened Khoya) - 100 gms
- Curd - 1/2 cup (or use 2 eggs)
- Butter - 6 tbsp
- Milk - 6 tbsp
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Chopped Nuts (Almonds, Pistachios) - handful
- Green Cardamom Powder - 1 tsp
- Baking Soda - 1/4 tsp
- Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt - 1/8 tsp
- In a mixing bowl, take the butter and sugar. Beat it for 3-4 minutes till it becomes creamy and pale coloured.
- Crumble the mawa and whip it with this.
- Add the curd and mix together till it comes together.
- Sieve the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into this wet mixture.
- Mix everything together. Now add the milk and mix. The batter will become smooth.
- Finally mix in the cardamom powder and some chopped nuts.
- Transfer the cake batter to a 7" round cake pan or square pan. Top with some more nuts.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Cool it for few minutes before you cut it.
More Cake Recipes