-Submitted by Dahlia
Jump to recipe ↓
Brownie is a rich chocolaty dessert that came to India from the western countries. These days it has become part of the menu in most restaurants and bakeries. I have tasted both fudge brownies and cake brownies. Today I am sharing Fudge Brownies.
Fudge brownies are denser, rich and a chocolate lovers dream. It can be served as such or with ice-cream. Follow this recipe and you will be get the perfect brownies with cracked top and chewy texture.
Recipe For Fudge Brownies
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30-40 minutes
- Dark Chocolate – 200 gms (about 1 cup chopped)
- Butter – 1/2 cup (about 115 gms)
- Eggs – 3
- Sugar – 1 cup
- Vanilla Extract – 1 tsp
- All Purpose Flour (Maida) – 1 cup (add 3/4 cup if you want it chewier)
- Cocoa Powder – 2 tbsp
- Salt – 1/4 tsp
- Walnuts (or any other nuts chopped) – 1/4 cup
- Chop the chocolate bar into small pieces. Melt the butter and chocolate pieces in a microwave safe bowl or using double boiler method. I melt it for 2 minutes in the microwave, stirring after every 30 seconds. It becomes perfect melted and smooth. Let this cool.
- Take the eggs in a mixing bowl. Whip it using an electric blender or hand whisk.
- Add the sugar and vanilla extract with this and whip it.
- Next add the melted chocolate and butter with this. Mix until it becomes smooth.
- Sift together the all purpose flour, cocoa powder and salt into this. Fold it gently till everything gets mixed.
- Finally mix in the chopped nuts with this batter. If you like your brownie extra chocolatey, mix in some chocolate chips with this.
- Pre-heat the oven t0 350 degree C (180 F). Pour the batter in a 8*8 square pan. Tap it to remove air bubbles.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes till a toothpick inserted comes out with crumbs.
- Remove from the over, tap it once and let it cool down. Cut into squares and enjoy.
- Enjoy a piece of brownie as a snack with a cup of milk or tea.
- This can also be served with a dollop of ice-cream as a rich dessert.
More Cake Recipes