- Submitted by Dahlia
(Indoor BBQ Chicken)
Jump to recipe ↓
Barbecue Chicken is one dish loved by all in which grilled chicken is liberally coated with yummy barbecue sauce. I tasted it in restaurants and tried to recreate at home. Now I make it often and enjoy serving with some potato wedges.
Chicken is cut into big pieces, marinated and then grilled. Once it is almost cooked, barbecue sauce is basted over it. Delicious chicken will be ready.
Barbecue chicken can be made on week ends or even for a party if you have the sauce ready on hand. I have already shared homemade barbecue sauce recipe. I’ve used that to make my barbecue chicken. You can use any barbecue sauce of any good brand to make this dish quickly.
Here, I will guide you on how to make barbecue chicken indoors without using an outdoor grill, so you can still enjoy delicious barbecue chicken even if you don't have access to an outdoor grill.
Recipe for Indoor Barbecue Chicken
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30-40 minutes
- Chicken - 1 whole (cut into big pieces)
- Barbecue Sauce – ¾ cup
- Paprika – 1 tsp
- Garlic Powder – 1 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder – 1 tsp
- Salt – 2 tsp
- Wash and dry the chicken pieces, make few slashes.
- Take garlic powder, pepper powder, paprika and salt in a bowl. Add the chicken pieces and 2 tbsp of the barbecue pieces.
- Mix everything together and let it marinate for half an hour.
- Traditionally the chicken is grilled on an outdoor or indoor grill. I prefer doing it slightly differently. I arrange the chicken pieces in a grill tray and cook it in the grill mode of an oven for about 20 minutes.
- The chicken pieces will be almost cooked by now. At this stage, heat a stove top grill.
- Grease the grill and arrange the chicken pieces on it. Apply some barbecue sauce using a brush on the chicken pieces.
- Flip the chicken pieces and reduce the flame to prevent the sauce from getting burnt. Apply sauce on the other side of the chicken pieces.
- Cook the chicken for another 10 minutes, applying the sauce on all sides while turning the chicken pieces.
- Once the chicken pieces are well cooked, remove and serve immediately.
More Chicken Entree Recipes