- Submitted by Dahlia
Jump to recipe ↓
Potato wedges are a tasty snack made with potatoes. In this potatoes are cut into thin wedges, flavoured and then deep fried or baked. It pairs up well with some sandwiches or burger to make a perfect meal.
The flavourings added for the potato wedges can be different based on your personal taste. Here I have shared my method of preparation. It is very quick and easy to prepare.
Recipe For Potato Wedges
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Potatoes - 4 medium sized
- Corn Flour – ¼ cup
- Crushed Black Pepper – ½ tsp
- Red Chili Powder – ½ tsp
- Dry Herbs – 1 tsp
- Salt – ½ to 1 tsp (to taste)
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Oil – for frying
- Wash the potatoes and cut them into wedges. I prefer to leave the skin on. If needed, you can peel them.
- In a big sauce pan, take these potato wedges and fill with water. Add some salt.
- Bring this to a boil and let it boil for just 2-3 minutes. The potatoes should be cooked but not become soft. It should hold its shape.
- Drain the water and take them in a wide bowl.
- Drizzle oil over these potatoes. Sprinkle the corn flour, crushed black pepper, red chili powder and dried herbs. Add just a pinch of salt if needed.
- Toss everything together till everything gets uniformly coated over the potato wedges.
- Now you can either bake the wedges or deep fry them.
- For frying, heat oil in a kadai. Add the potato wedges one by one and fry till golden brown.
- For baking, spread the potato wedges on a baking dish. Bake at 200 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes, flipping the pieces once around half way.
- When the wedges are still hot, sprinkle some chaat masala or red chili powder and enjoy.
- These tasty potato wedges can be served with tomato ketchup.
More Potato Recipes