-Submitted by Dahlia
Jump to recipe ↓
No Bake Cheesecake is a simple yet perfect, no fail recipe that can be put together in less than 30 minutes. The best part is that this cake doesn't require any baking. As with the baked cheesecake, there is no tension of the cake getting over baked or under baked.
This cake uses whipped cream that makes It light and delicious. We use gelatin to set the cake. Those who do not prefer gelatin can either use agar agar or corn stach as a thickening agent. You can add your preferred berry topping to make the cake more attractive and tasty.
In India, cream cheese is a bit pricy. There are many websites that shares recipes with substitute for cream cheese. Some make it with paneer. I have tried them but found none of them even close to the taste of original cream cheese. So I would highly recommend making the cake with cream cheese. Make it for some special occasion.
Overall, this No Bake Cheesecake is a rich and delicious one that can be made easily at home for birthday parties. Your guests will be at awe to know that it was homemade. Be sure to try it out.
Recipe For No Bake Cheesecake
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: Nil
Setting Time: 12 hours
Serves: 8-10 (9" cake)
- Biscuits crumbs - 2 cups (I used 200 gms of digestive biscuits, i.e. 26 pieces)
- Melted Butter - 6-8 tbsp
- Brown Sugar - 2 tbsp
- Salt - a pinch
- Cream Cheese - 750 gms (Room Temperature)
- Whipping Cream - 1 cup
- Sour Cream - 1/4 cup
- Icing Sugar - 2 cups
- Lemon Juice - 1 tbsp
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Gelatin (or Corn Strach) - 2 tbsp
To Make Crust
- Take the biscuits in a food processor and powder it. Take it in a bowl.
- Mix the melted butter, brown sugar and salt with it. It should be a moist crumbly mixture.
- Take a 9-inch springform pan and line the bottom with a parchment paper.
- Put the prepared biscuit mixture and press it in the bottom very tightly. Use a glass cup or the measuring cup to press it. Only if its tightly packed, it will be firm and not fall apart while cutting the cake.
- Freeze/ Refrigerate the crust for 30 minutes while you get ready with the filling.
To Make Filling
- As a first step, prepare the thickener. Take the water in a sauce pan and bring to a boil. Add the gelatin to this and mix so that it dissolves completely. If you are usin corn starch, mix it with room temperature water and then cook it till it thickens.
- Take the chilled whipping cream in a bowl. I usually keep the bowl and whisk attachment of my electric blender in the freezer for 30 minutes before whipping.
- Start whipping till it forms stiff peaks. Keep this refrigerated while you get the other things done.
- In another bowl, take the cream cheese and start whipping. Only if the cream cheese is in room temperature it will become smooth and creamy. If not, it will become lumpy.
- Add the sugar to this and continue whipping. I used icing sugar so that it blends well. You can also use powder the normal sugar and use.
- Once the mixture is whipped well, add the remaining ingredients - sour cream, lemon juice, vanilla essence and the prepared gelatin mix (or cornstarch mix).
- Whip together till everything blends well.
- Now we need to fold in the whipped cream with this. Use a spatula and fold little at a time until well combined. Be gentle so that the air in the whipped cream doesn't get deflated. Now the filling is ready.
To Prepare The Cake
- Take the crust from the refrigerator and put the filling inside. Spread it evenly using a spatula. Smoothen the top using a spatula or palette knife.
- Cover with a plastic wrap and keep it refrigerated overnight or for a minimum of 12 hours. Sometimes it may take a little longer to set up.
- After the cake sets, you can add some store bought pie topping or glazing gel on top. I used store bought blueberry glazing gel in my cake. Cherry topping also tastes great.
- Keep this refrigerated again for 30 minutes for this glaze to set properly.
Slice and Enjoy
- Once the cake is completely set, remove it and gently loosen the rim of the springform pan. Remove the rim and carefully place the cake on a stand.
- Use a sharp knofe to slice the cake. Wet the knoife before slicing to get clean and smooth edges.
- After each slice, wipe the knife and wet it again. This will give clean cuts of slices.
- The remaining cake can be stored in the refrigerator for upto 5 days.
More Cake Recipes