- Submitted by Dahlia
(Bread Pizza mad on Stove Top)
Jump to recipe ↓
Pizza has always been a top amongst kids favourite dishes. Bread Pizza is an alternate to regular pizza that you can make any day for a quick after school snack or even for dinner. Bread slices are used as base and the regular toppings are used.
Bread Pizza is a very versatile dish. You can add the toppings as per each one’s taste. Because we are using bread, it is easy to prepare different bread pizza with different toppings for each member of the family. If kids love cheese pizza you can make that too. Here is simple recipe for bread pizza made on stove top.
Recipe For StoveTop Bread Pizza
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Sandwich Bread Slices – 6
- Olive Oil (or Butter) – about 3 tbsp
- Pizza Sauce – as required (about 5-6 tbsp)
- Pizza Toppings – as required (You can use onion, capsicum, corn, jalapenos, olives etc. as per your taste)
- Mozzarella Cheese (shredded) – 1.5 cups
- Oregano – 1 tsp
- Black Pepper – ½ tsp
- Red Pepper Flakes – ½ tsp
- Chop and keep all the toppings ready. Grate the cheese.
- You can use store bought tomato sauce or make it at home as per the recipe.
- Heat a griddle or tawa on medium heat. Once the tawa is hot, reduce the flame to the lowest setting.
- Drizzle few drops of olive oil on the tawa and arrange the bread slices on it. Drizzle some oil on top of the bread too. You can also use butter instead.
- Once the bottom is slightly toasted, flip the slices. Make sure the flame is on the lowest.
- Spread some pizza sauce on each slice of bread.
- Arrange a few toppings as per your taste. In my house, olives and jalapenos are everyones favourite.
- Top it with a generous amount of shredded cheese.
- Sprinkle some oregano, red pepper flakes and black pepper on top.
- Cook covered for about 3-4 minutes until the cheese melts.
- Remove carefully from the tawa, cut it in half diagonally and enjoy while its hot.
- You can make bread pizza in the oven too. Arrange all the bread slices on a baking dish, sprinkle olive oil, spread pizza sauce, arrange toppings and cheese. Bake in in 180 degree oven for about 10 minutes or until cheese melts.
- The same recipe can be used to make instant pizza with loaf bread or with bagel. They all taste good.
More Italian Recipes