- Submitted by Dahlia
(Special Chutney for Dhokla)
The Gujarathi snack Khaman Dhokla is popularly served with Green Chutney. This sweet and sour snack goes well with spicy green chutney. There are many variations of Green Chutney that people make. Today I have shared one such variation which pairs up well especially with spongey Dhoklas. It is made with fresh coriander leaves, green chilies, lemon and a few other ingredients. The chutney is a perfect blend of spicy, sour and sweet flavours. It can also be served with fried snacks like samosa, pakoras etc.
Recipe for Dhokla Chutney
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: NIL
- Green Coriander Leaves - 1 cup (packed)
- Green Chillies - as needed (I add 5)
- Garlic - 4 cloves
- Roasted Bengal Gram Dal (Dalia, Pottu Kadalai) - 2 tbsp
- Grated Coconut - 2 tbsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice - 1 tbsp
- Salt - as needed
- Take all the above ingredients together in a mixie. Blend together.
- Taste and adjust spiciness, sweetness and sourness. It should be all in equal proportion.
Serving Dhokla Chutney
- This chutney is usually served as a side for Khaman Dhokla. It can also be served with other fried snacks.
More Gujarati and Sindhi Recipes