- Submitted by Dahlia
(Mutta Fry Masala, Keeri Muttai, Anda Masala, Egg Masala Dry)
Egg Masala otherwise called as Mutta Fry Masala or Keeri Muttai or Anda Masala is a simple and quick to do masala with egg. This dry egg masala will be a good side for rich chapati, pulav, etc.
Recipe For Egg Masala
- Eggs - 6 (hard boiled)
- Onion - 1 1/2 medium sized (thinly sliced)
- Dry red chillies - 5
- Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Curry Leaves - 1 strand
- Salt - as needed
- Cilantro - for garnish (finely chopped)
- Oil - 1 tbsp
- For boiling the eggs, bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Add the eggs, cover and let it simmer for 10 minutes. Drain the water and run the eggs under cold water immediately. Peel off the eggs shells.
- Dry roast the cumin seeds, urad dal, dry red chillies and curry leaves for few minutes.
- After it cooled, grind it to a coarse powder.
- Cut the hard boiled eggs into half lengthwise and add the ground powder to the eggs. Mix it gently so that all the eggs get coated with the powder nicely.
- Heat oil in a pan and saute the onions nicely. The onions have to be golden brown. This might take about 15-20 minutes.
- Add the egg halves along with the coated powder and any leftover powder to the pan.
- Reduce the heat, gently toss everything, cover and let it cook for about 5 minutes.
- Finally add the finely chopped cilantro, mix once again gently and switch off.
- This egg masala goes very well with chapatti, pulav and white rice.
More Egg Recipes