- Submitted by Dahlia
Jump to recipe ↓
Hard boiled eggs are a simple and versatile food. They can be enjoyed in numerous ways. They are easy to prepare and can be used in a range of dishes, from salads and sandwiches to curries and soups. Hard boiled eggs are a good source of protein, vitamins, and minerals, making them a healthy addition to any meal. Due to their convenience and portability, hard boiled eggs are a well-liked choice for breakfast or snacking and can be readily prepared ahead of time. Whether eaten on their own or used in a recipe, hard boiled eggs are a tasty and nutritious choice for any occasion. Here is the simple method to prepare perfect hard boiled eggs.
Recipe For Hard Boiled Eggs
- Eggs - as needed
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Put the eggs in a sauce pan and fill with cold water. The water should cover the eggs.
- Add a tsp of salt and bring it to a boil. The salt prevents the egg from cracking and also helps in easy peeling.
- Let the eggs boil for about 2-5 minutes (depending on the number of eggs). Do not overcook the eggs.
- Switch off and cover with a lid. Let it rest for 15 minutes before peeling.
- After the resting period transfer the eggs to cold water and start peeling.
- The hard boiled eggs can be used immediately or stored for later use.
- Hard boiled eggs are commonly used as a sidedish for biriyani in South India.
- It can be used to make egg curry, egg kurma, egg bonda or egg masala.
- You can use it and make egg salads.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper powder and serve as a lite breakfast with a cup of coffee.
More Egg Recipes