- Submitted by Dahlia
(Key Lime Meringue Pie, Lime Meringue Pie, Lemon Pie)
Recipe For Lemon Meringue Pie
For Lemon Filling
- Sugar - 1 cup
- All purpose flour - 2 tbsp
- Corn starch - 3 tbsp / Gelatin - 1 envelope
- Lemon/ Lime / Key lime - 2 (juice and zest)
- Butter - 2 tbsp
- Egg yolks - 4 (beaten)
- Salt - a pinch
- Water - 1 1/2 cup
- Egg whites - 4
- Sugar - 6 tbsp
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Bake the pie crust for 10-12 minutes until its done.
To Make Lemon Filling
- Mix all the ingredients under 'for lemon filling' except egg yolks and bring it to a boil.
- Beat the egg yolks separately in another bowl.
- Mix half of the hot sugar lemon mixture and add it to the egg yolks little by little whisking continuously.
- Add this to the rest of the sugar lemon water. (If you add the egg yolks directly to the hot lemon sugar water, it will scramble up.)
- Bring everything to a boil and simmer till it becomes thick (app 10 minutes).
To Make Meringue
- Whip the egg whites in a separate bowl using a hand mixer until it is nice and fluffy.
- Add sugar and continue to whisk until it becomes thick and stiff. (10 min)
- Take the baked pie shell, pour the lemon mixture into it. Spread the meringue over that gently.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the meringue turns golden brown.
Take a pie crust.
Bake the crust for 10-12 minutes.
Pour the lemon filling.
Spread the meringue over the filling gently.
Bake till the top is golden brown.
Enjoy lemon meringue pie.
More Pie Recipes