- Submitted by Inara
Mixed Vegetable Soup is a comforting dish that is preferred by many these days. It is perfect for someone under the weather. People on diet prefer to have soups for dinner.
This vegetable soup can be made with any combination of vegetables that you have on hand. I have mentioned a few options of vegetables below that I personally prefer.
Recipe For Vegetable Soup
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Broccoli or Cauliflower (small flowerlets) - 1/4 cup
- Carrot or Corn - 1/4 cup
- French Beans or Capsicum- 1/4 cup
- Green Peas or Corn - 1/4 cup
- Mushroom or Baby Corn - 1/4 cup
- Cabbage - 1/4 cup
- Spring Onions - 1/2 cup
- Garlic - 2 cloves
- Veg Broth - 1 can / Veg Seasoning - 1 cube
- Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
- Corn Starch - 1 tbsp
- Salt - to taste
- Heat butter in a small vessel. Add all the vegetables and stir fry for 2-3 minutes on high flame.
- Add veg broth (or seasoning cube), water (as required), pepper powder, salt and bring it to a boil.
- Simmer for around 10 minutes till the vegetables are cooked soft.
- Mix the corn startch with 2 tbsp of water.
- Then reduce the heat & add corn starch paste. Keep stiring until the soup turns thick & creamy.
- Remove from heat after 5 minutes. Serve hot with some corn chips on top.
NOTE: You can add a little hot sauce/soya sauce when having the soup.
More Soup Recipes