- submitted by Dahlia on 09-28-2010
(Creamy Mushroom Soup, Mushroom Onion Soup)
Mushrooms - 1.5 cup (very finely chopped)
Onion - 1 (very finely chopped)
Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
Oregano - 1/4 tsp
Milk - 1 cup
Heavy Cream/ Fresh Cream - 2 tblsp (optional)
Maida (All Purpose Flour) - 1 tblsp
Chicken/ Mushroom/ Vegetable Stock - 3 cups
Olive Oil/ Butter - 2 tblsp
1. Chop the onion and mushrooms very finely. You can also use a food processor or the pulse mode in mixie.
2. Melt the butter in a pan. Add the onions and mushroom and saute it till it is soft and cooked.
3. Add the flour (maida) and fry for a minute to get rid of its raw smell.
4. Add the milk, chicken stock, pepper powder and salt.
5. After it comes to a boil, reduce the flame and let it simmer for 5-10 minutes. The soup will get thickened by now.
6. Add the oregano and cream. Mix and switch off.
( You can use italian seasoning instead of oregano. Health consious people can skip the cream.)
7. Garnish with parsley/cilantro leaf or some green onions or some grated cheese or some croutons. 8. Serve hot with some toasted bread. Its a easy to make, filling and satisfying meal for a cold or rainy day.
- You can also make cream of onion soup, creamy mixed vegetable soup, creamy corn soup
following the same recipe.