- Submitted by Dahlia on 26th oct 2007
(Mushroom Burger, Mushroom Hot dogs, Mushroom Koftas)
Recipe For Mushroom Cutlet
Serves : 4
Mushroom – 1 lb (finely chopped)
- Potato – 1 big (cubed)
- Mixed Vegetables - 1 cup (finely chopped) - You can use vegetables like carrots, beans, peas, corn, spinach etc.. have used only spinach and mushrooms to make the cutlets.
- Onion - 1/4 (finely chopped)
- Garlic - 2 clove (minced)
- Green chilli - 1(finely chopped)
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1/4 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/4 tsp
- Egg Whites - 2
- Bread crumbs – 1 cup (for coating)
- Coriander leaves - handful (finely chopped)
- Salt - to taste
- Oil – ¼ cup (for frying)
Cook the cubed potatoes and other vegetables until all the veggies are tender but firm. Drain excess water and keep aside.
- Heat a tsp of oil in a small pan and sauté the onions, green chilli and garlic until slightly browned.
- Switch off and add this to the veggies along with chopped mushrooms turmeric powder, red chilli powder, garam masala and salt.
- Let this cool completely and then mash slightly along with egg whites to make a thick mixture.
- Take a small portion and roll them between your palms to make a ball, then press to flatten and shape as cutlet.
- Meanwhile spread a layer of bread crumbs on a plate for coating. Heat the oil in a pan for frying.
- Now take each cutlet, place it on the bread crumbs to coat all sides. Drop that in the hot oil and fry until its golden on both sides. You can also pan fry the cutlets in a tawa.
If the cutlet mixture becomes soggy, mix little maida or bread crumbs with the cutlet mixture to solve the problem.
- Mushroom can be omitted to get vegetable cutlets.
- Serve the cutlets with ketchup, chilli sauce or any chutney.
- Make big cutlets and place in between buns along with lettuce, sauce etc.. to make Mushroom Burger.
Make the cutlets in the shape of a sausage and make Mushroom Hot dogs.
More Mushroom Recipes