- Submitted by Dahlia on 6th Oct 2010
(Indo Chinese Cauliflower Bajjis, Gobhi Pakoras)
Recipe for Gobhi 65
Cauliflower - 1
- Corn Flour - 3 cups
- Maida - 1 cup
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Red Chilly Powder - 2 tbsp (You can also add hot sauce instead)
- Ajinamoto - 1/2 tsp
- Soy Sauce - 2 tsp
- Lemon Juice / Vinegar - 1/2 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
- Red Food Color - a pinch
- Salt - as needed
Mix the corn flour, maida, turmeric, red chilly powder, ajinomoto, pepper powder and salt together.
- Add the red food color, lemon juice and soy sauce.
- Add water gradually to avoid lumps and make a smooth paste.
- In the meantime, heat oil in a kadai.
- Drop few cauliflower florets in the batter and toss so that the florets are completely coated with the batter.
- Gently drop the florets one at a time in the hot oil. Do not overcrowd the pan.
- The florets sometimes tend to stick to each other in the oil. Separate the florets using tongs or a spoon with long handle.
- After about 6-8 minutes, the florets will be golden brown. Remove them and drain excess oil in a paper towel..
- Garnish with celery leaves or green onions. Serve hot with tomato ketchup, schezwan sauce or any other sauce.
Gobhi 65 remains crisp for a long time. You can also refrigerate/freeze the leftovers. In that case, just heat it in a 400 degree F oven for 5-10 minutes before serving and they will become crispy again.
- Those who love masala flavour can add a pinch of garam masala while preparing the batter.
More Cauliflower Recipes