- recipe by Apoorva submitted on 10-01-2012
A mouth watering delicious recipe for kids and adults to enjoy in the drizzling rain with a hot cup of tea.
1 cup Crushed corn kernels
8 slices of Sandwich bread
1/2 cup Milk
Salt, sugar and black pepper powder as per your taste and requirement
2 Green chillies
1 tsp crushed Garlic and ginger
1 tsp grated Coconut (optional)
1 tbsp Coriander leaves
Oil for frying
1. Mix the crushed corn kernels with grated coconut, coriander, crushed garlic and ginger, finely chopped green chillies, adjust the seasoning, keep aside.
2. Take 2 slices of bread and cut into 4 equal squares.
3. Dip the bread squares in the bowl of milk and gently squeeze out the milk pressing the bread slice between your palms.
4. Stuff the corn filling on one side and over the other side with another slice of soaked bread and press it tightly sealing all the four sides. Keep aside.
5. Prepare the remaining slices and deep fry them on medium heat until they turn golden colour.
6. Take it out on a tissue paper to remove the excess oil.
7. Serve hot with mint chutney or tamarind chutney or a regular tomato sauce.
fresh and hot