- Submitted by Apoorva on 1st Oct 2012
(Sweet Corn Pockets)
A mouth watering delicious recipe for kids and adults to enjoy in the drizzling rain with a hot cup of tea.
Recipe For Sweet Corn Stuffed Pockets
Prepartion time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 12-15 minutes
Serves : 4-5 people
Shelf life: fresh and hot
Crushed Corn Kernels - 1 cup
- Sandwich Bread - 8 slices
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Green chillies - 2
- Crushed Garlic and Ginger - 1 tsp
- Grated Coconut - 1 tsp (optional)
- Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp
- Oil for frying
- Salt, sugar and black pepper powder - as per your taste and requirement
Mix the crushed corn kernels with grated coconut, coriander, crushed garlic, ginger and finely chopped green chillies.
- Adjust the seasoning and keep aside.
Take 2 slices of bread and cut into 4 equal squares.
- Dip the bread squares in a bowl of milk and gently squeeze out the milk by pressing the bread slice between your palms.
Stuff the corn filling on one side and over the other side with another slice of soaked bread and press it tightly sealing all the four sides. Keep aside.
- Prepare the remaining slices.
- Deep fry them on medium heat until they turn golden color.
- Take it out on a tissue paper to remove the excess oil. Corn stuffed pockets are ready to be serve.
- Serve hot with mint chutney (recipe...) or tamarind chutney (recipe...) or a regular tomato sauce.
More Corn Recipes